Wednesday 28 August 2013

Two Months in Deutschland


So today marks the end of my second month in Munich! This time two months ago, I'd just landed.

Living in Germany, has taken quite a lot of getting used to. Moving to a new place is strange enough, but moving somewhere where I barely speak the language is another thing entirely!  My German has quickly improved (though I don't think I'd be able to have a real conversation) and I can actually find my way around the strange German supermarkets now. And of course, I've drank plenty of brilliant German beer!

I've made some great friends already - both through my internship and through things like knitting.  Munich has even started to feel a little bit like home, though I still miss England and Durham.  

There's always going to be a few language based misunderstandings!
I've been exploring  Munich and a few other German cities. Heidelberg, Bamberg and Nuremberg were all beautiful - next I need to visit the Bavarian alps and lakes.


Today we went on the slides in the TUM Maths department. I've missed playgrounds :P


The two slides go from the 3rd to the ground floor and are in the shape of parabolas - but really they're just brilliant fun and a good excuse to regress! If only the Physics department had one between my office and the lab.



 V x

I'm listening to: Yet more Laura Marling plus a dash of Johnny Flynn and Elbow :)






No comments:

Post a Comment