Thursday 11 October 2012

Baby Shrug


I've just wrapped up and sent my first knitted item for a baby! My cousin has just had a baby girl so I took it as opportunity to knit something really cute. I decided on this little shrug as it wouldn't take much wool and I thought it'd be a lovely easy pattern.

I bought some lovely wool from The Knit Studio in Newcastle - my cousin doesn't knit (as far as a know) so I had to weigh up ease of washing, price (as well as having turned into a bit of a wool snob and now hating acrylic).  It really nice to use and hopefully it'll great for the baby.


Rather than adding the embroidery that the Ravelry photos have (embroidery is not my forte), I left it plain but fastened it using a cute little plastic flower button. 

The original pattern was sized for 12-18 months but I knitted it up on smaller needles (which just happened to be the same size as the ball band) and did a couple less increases before the arms. I have no idea when it'll fit her but since it's a shrug, it should be fine :)

V x

No comments:

Post a Comment